A walk in the Park

A walk in the Park

Friday, February 8, 2013

Rewind please!--February Birthdays

 
We Celebrate 3 birthdays in February.  Whoo Wee What a feat! only because I am the type that likes to do everything myself.  I don't know why, but just a compulsion that I have.  Our Little "Sugar and Spice" baby turned one.  Simple layered, round cake with dots.  To give credit where it is due.  Dad does the best icing job in town.  He has the craft mastered.  He likened it to finishing concrete!?  Well as long as he does a bank up job then all I have to do is the icing is fine by me.
 
 
 
Birthday Number 2: Had to be special and unique.  Right before this picture was taken of the in progress "island of Sodor"...it was about to be the forgotten "island of Garbage"!  With hills and valleys the cake was crumbling on me and I was trying to rush rush.  Used a square and a round pan to get the large shape and the excess was used to layer the hills.  I think freezing may have helped. but I'm not a professional.  So glad that I  opted to not make it look like the Thomas the train Engine.
 
  This was much more special because this is the day that the Birthday boy recieved his coaches, Annie and Claribel.   I really wanted to incorportate the gift into the cake.  Hills, valleys, forests & track, were done in icing. The waterfall, river/stream, and grasses, I used colored sugar, blue and green.  The rocks were a special treat from gramma.  She had brought rock candy and that made the whole island a little more real.  Flavor underneath was a carrot cake and Chocolate.  A mixture for all the tastes in our family.
The firends we celebrated with were just tickled pink... about the rocks, trees, and water.  So overall I would say a sucess!



And the last birthday.... I don't make that Cake!

No comments: